Helping Business Owners Resolve Business Disputes
When starting a business, entrepreneurs must consider countless issues such as the right business structure, the location and potential employees. However the potential for conflict with clients or colleagues is typically not considered and addressed until it is too late. Having an experienced business litigation attorney on your side in the face of conflict may, however, significantly reduce your company’s exposure to liability and ensure business continuity. Whether you are just starting your business or are a seasoned business owner, William Kolb can assist you with a wide range of business conflicts that typically arise.
There are a number of business disputes, both foreseen and unexpected, that require the advice of a qualified business litigation attorney. Bill’s primary objective is to arrive at a solution that benefits all sides while avoiding the need to pursue costly litigation. Bill has extensive experience handling the sensitive and fact-intensive negotiations process and will work tirelessly to settle your dispute without judicial intervention. If a negotiated settlement is not possible, he will use his skills as a trial attorney to vigorously advocate on your behalf in a court of law.
Corporate disputes can vary from simple breach of contract claims to multi-million dollar allegations of fraud and misconduct. Bill routinely handlse many of the following types of commercial disagreements:
- Contract Disputes: If you are in a disagreement with an employee, customer or colleague about a provision of a contract, Bill can help negotiate a mutual agreement to benefit both sides. Disputes commonly arise in contracts for the sale and delivery of goods, employment or partnership agreements, insurance policies, non-compete clauses or commercial leases;
- Shareholder or Partnership Disputes: Conflict between decision makers and and shareholders is not uncommon. Further, partners often face disagreement over governing policies or corporate direction. Bill can help resolve shareholder and partnership issues to give your company the opportunity to move forward in a positive direction;
- Disputes with Other Companies: Litigation often arises when a customer or client is dissatisfied with a company’s product or services, including disputes with suppliers, vendors or manufacturers. Working with Bill can significantly reduce your exposure to liability and help both parties maintain their corporate relationship and mutual trust;
- Government Compliance: Many companies are inevitably faced with issues related to governmental regulations.Whether you have non-complex IRS compliance concerns or are unsure of how SEC regulations affect your company, Bill can help you understand the statutes and adhere to state and federal corporate rules;
- Sales, Mergers or Acquisitions: Corporate restructuring can involve multiple areas of law from government compliance to shareholder liability. If your company is considering a sale, merger or acquisition, contact Bill to discuss the proposed transaction and avoid a dispute before one arises.
Contact an Experienced and Reputable Business Litigation Attorney Today
As you navigate the facets of business ownership, William Kolb can work alongside you to help avoid potential conflict or devise a workable solution once conflict occurs. For more information or to arrange for a consultation, contact our offices today.